Jon Bon Jovi’s Son Romeo Bongiovi, 22, Says He Doesn’t Like the ‘Idea’ of Celebrity and Fame Erin ClackSun, August 2, 2026 at 12:30 AM UTC 0 Jon Bon Jovi and son Romeo BongioviCredit: Kevin Mazur/Getty Jon Bon Jovi’s son Romeo Bongiovi shared in a new interview that he doesn’t like the “idea” of celebrity and fame Romeo has followed in his dad’s musical footsteps, performing with the rock band Lawn The 22yearold said he’s wanted to go into music since he was a teen Romeo Bongiovi, Jon Bon Jovi‘s youngest son, says he’s “ready” should fame come his way in his music career — but admits he doesn’...
Jon Bon Jovi’s Son Romeo Bongiovi, 22, Says He Doesn’t Like the ‘Idea’ of Celebrity and Fame

Erin ClackSun, August 2, 2026 at 12:30 AM UTC
0

Jon Bon Jovi and son Romeo BongioviCredit: Kevin Mazur/Getty -
Jon Bon Jovi’s son Romeo Bongiovi shared in a new interview that he doesn’t like the “idea” of celebrity and fame
Romeo has followed in his dad’s musical footsteps, performing with the rock band Lawn
The 22-year-old said he’s wanted to go into music since he was a teen
Romeo Bongiovi, Jon Bon Jovi‘s youngest son, says he’s “ready” should fame come his way in his music career — but admits he doesn’t like the “idea” of celebrity.
The 22-year-old musician opened up about getting into music and forming his rock band Lawn on an episode of The Dory Jackson Interview series, published on July 29. On the topic of fame, he said he is “not really trying to think about that” right now.
“I’m trying to think so local right now. I don’t really like the idea of celebrity even,” he explained. “If you focus too much on that, especially in the beginning, because I know a few artists who are, like, pretty popular or on the rise, but they keep everything so local that they know all of their fans. You know, they know every fan page, and they talk to them, and they know, like, every person who’s interested in the music.”
He continued, “I think that if you’re focusing so much on the world domination of it all, that ultimately you can lose vision. But right now, I’m trying to prepare for just meeting new people out here [now that I’ve moved to Los Angeles].”

From left: Romeo Bongiovi, Dorothea Bongiovi and Jon Bon Jovi in 2024Credit: Michael Buckner/Getty
Jon shares Romeo with high school sweetheart Dorothea Bongiovi. The Bon Jovi frontman, 64, and his wife, who have been married since 1989, also share three other kids: daughter Stephanie, 33, and sons Jesse, 31, and Jake, 24.
While speaking with The Dory Jackson Interview, Romeo revealed that he’d felt a calling to music back in his teen years. He said he initially thought he didn’t have to go to college to pursue his passion.
“For the longest time in middle school, when I knew I wanted to do music, I was like, ‘Man, but if you go to a college for music, you’re a total poser,’ ” he explained.
Advertisement
— sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
In high school, however, Romeo decided that he should go to college because he wasn’t sure of his next steps. He recalled touring the University of Miami campus — where he ultimately matriculated into the Frost School of Music — and thinking to himself, “Okay, this is for me.”
“That was like the nail on the coffin. I was 16 and I knew that, ‘Okay, music is what you want to do because for the first time you really feel at home here,’ ” he explained.

Romeo Bongiovi performingCredit: courtesy Lawn
Romeo, who graduated in May, met one of the founding members of Lawn in college when he asked for help with his homework. The L.A.-based band, which is composed of Romeo, Daniel Coppola and Cliff Dobson, released their debut EP, House Party Hero,in April 2025, followed by the single “LASO.”
Romeo’s hitmaker father had high praise for Romeo’s band while speaking with The Independent in November.
“The first singles are great,” Jon said of Lawn at the time. “That’s all I’ve heard.”
The “You Give Love a Bad Name” singer added, “People talk about these nepo babies, blah blah blah, but I’m not in there at all. He’s got his own vision, which I really appreciate.”
on People
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: Entertainment
Published: August 2, 2026 at 03:45AM on Source: MANUEL MAG
#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle
Post a Comment